11th February 2023
Venue: Infinity Resorts Corbett, Ramnagar
Schedule of Ceremonies
10th Feb / Friday (Kashipur)
- Sangeet/Mehendi (3-6pm), Ashish Vatika, Kashipur
- Cocktail Party (8pm onwards) Ashish Vatika, Kashipur
11th Feb / Saturday (Ramnagar)
- Haldi (10AM)
- Wedding Lunch (2PM)
- Wedding Ceremonies
12th Feb / Sunday (Kashipur)
- The closest 2 airports are Bareilly and Pantnagar. Bareilly has flights to BLR and DEL, and Pantnagar only has flights to DEL.
- Unfortunately, Indigo has reduced the BLR-BEK (Bareilly) flight to thrice a week (TUE/THU/SAT) on (7th/9th/11th/14th).
- Bareilly to Kashipur is 3 hours by Cab, and Pantnagar to Ramnagar is 2 hours.
When to reach
- If you’re attending the Pre-wedding ceremonies, try to reach Kashipur by 9th evening, or the 10th early morning. (Suggested:
6E 6533 BLR-BEK direct flight on the 9th, followed by a cab to Kashipur).
- If you’re only attending the wedding, try to reach Ramnagar by the 10th evening before sunset. The Bride and Groom arrive the next day, so feel free to take a detour to Jim Corbett in the evening. Don’t scare the tigers. (Suggested:
6E 7324 from DEL -> Pantnagar on 10th, followed by a cab to Ramnagar)
Other Travel Options
- Shatabdi Express travels 6:20-12:00pm daily from NDLS to Kathgodam (+1 hour to Ramnagar)
- Uttarakhand Sampark Kranti Express (
15035) gets you to Kashipur at 8pm.
- Delhi to Kashipur is 5 hours by road.
- Delhi to Ramnagar is 6 hours by road.
How to Return
- Suggested: Have breakfast (on 12/13th), and leave by 9AM to catch the 2:30PM flight to BLR (via BOM). 2:30pm-8:40pm BEK-BLR (with a 2 hour stop in BOM)
- If you’re staying for the reception, travel is arranged back to Kashipur. Post the reception (12th evening), you can take a cab from KSP-DEL or KSP-BEK, and fly from there on the 13th noon.
Please drop me a message on Signal, with your travel details. If you’d like to make this into a trip, February is a great time to visit Jim Corbett, and Uttarakhand in general. Ramnagar to Nainital is barely 2 hours, and you can get to most of Kumaon within 4-6 hours from Ramnagar. Take a look at the KMVN website for destination suggestions.
What to wear
Winters are chilly in Uttarakhand - expect 8-10°C at night, and pack accordingly.