Various talks & Lectures that I have given
- ux - UX & Usability Designing
- Software Development 101
- Intro to Linux
- Browser Extension Security -
- Joy of Software Development
- Fun with HTTP - Talk at Barcamp
Bangalore about how HTTP can be a really fun protocol
- Security Horror Stories in Payments -
Talk at the 50p Conference (2017)
[Video] Talk about several
security gotchas I’ve witnessed working in payments. Given at 50p, a HasGeek
conference on Digital Payments in India.
- Billion Dollar Hacking -
A short talk at a Dev/Hacker meetup about the recent SWIFT bank hacks. I
repeated this talk at hillhacks 2016.
- Indian Financial Systems Code -
A short talk on IFSC Codes and how they work in India.
- Terraforming Tatooine -
A short talk at
Barcamp Bangalore Spring 2018
on how I manage my home server using Terraform and Docker. PDF version is
- crypto.koans - Koans to help you learn openssl/PKI.
- HomeServer Talk - A talk on running my own homeserver.
Presented at RootConf ‘19
- Monopoly: Why its a terrible game -
A talk on the various mistakes Monopoly makes in its game design, and why
they are important game breaking issues.
- Web Payment APIs - Presented a talk on W3C’s Web
Payment APIs at RFCs We Love.
- Constraint Programming to solve Modern Art -
A short talk on my work on solving the
Modern Art boardgame.
- IFSC [pdf] - A talk at the Cashless Consumer study
group talking about banking codes in India, and the IFSC project in general.
- Video streaming on Linux.
- HPACK - Header Compression in HTTP/2.
- Sanderson’s Laws of Magic
- multipart-emails - A short talk on how linking
with mid/cid schemes works in multipart-emails. Related work:
- Payment Systems in India - A short 10
minute presentation on some of the digital payment ecosystem in India.
- pystitcher - pystitcher stitches your PDF files
together, generating nice customizable bookmarks for you using a declarative
input in the form of a markdown file. https://github.com/captn3m0/pystitcher
- Sanskari Proxy - Talk about the
Sanskari Proxy Project - A
project to help researchers outside India access Indian Government websites.
- endoflife.date recommendations - Presentation on endoflife.date documentation recommendations I wrote down here. Presented at the FOSS United Meetup in Bangalore, June 2022. [Credits], [PDF Version], [Slides with Speaker Notes].
A few more talks that I’ve done are on my
SpeakerDeck account and my
slides.com profile page.
Source for most of these is available on the
captn3m0/talks repository. If you have any
questions regarding any of the talks, feel free to reach out at
Go back to my website