- A system-tray Hacker News app for Linux
- A website to track EoL of projects
- A list of various RSS-related projects
- Multiple Scrapers for online content that generates EPUB/MOBI files
- A tiny kubernetes distribution that uses the Docker API to bootstrap a control plane
- Ideas for everyone under a CC licence. Feel free to use.
- Terraform + Docker scripts that power my homeserver.
Projects by Date
All the projects below are under a FOSS license (mostly MIT). This page does not include contributions to other projects. Most projects are still maintained, unless stated otherwise.
- simpl-docs #openapi #reverse-engineering
- June 2021 An unofficial specification for the simpl API.
- isin-data #data
- June 2021 International Securities Identification Numbers for various Indian Securities
- plaintext-everything #resources
- Ongoing A list of tools and articles helpful for keeping everything under plaintext.
- youtube-cue #nodejs
- May 2021 Helps you tag music compilations from youtube by generating a Cue sheet.
- pystitcher #python #ebooks
- May 2021 Sitches your PDF files together, with customizable bookmarks using a markdown file to declare the PDF structure.
- kuvera-docs #openapi #reverse-engineering
- May 2021 An unofficial specification for the Kuvera API.
- foreteller-dl #reverse-engineering
- Apr 2021 A reverse-engineered implementation of the Foreteller Games mobile app.
- Electoral Bond Marketplace #activism
- Apr 2021 An April fool’s joke on India’s opaque Electoral Bond instruments and how they can be used for money laundering
- EBook: Never say you can’t survive #ebooks
- Oct 2020 Script to generate an ebook for “Never Say You Can’t Survive” - upcoming book by Charlie Jane Anders.
- sanskari-proxy #activism #infrastructure
- Sep 2020 A proxy for security researchers outside India to access Indian government websites without resorting to shady VPNs.
- boardgame-research #resources #boardgames
- July 2020- A list of research content on modern boardgames - such as Catan, Risk, Uno, Mafia, Hanabi, and more.
- modernart #boardgames
- June 2020 A MiniZinc based attempt to solve the Modern Art: Masters Gallery game.
- suntime #crystal
- May 2020 Crystal library for calculating sunrise and sunset times for Earth.
- ickabog-ebook #ebooks
- May 2019 Generates ebooks for The Ickabog by J.K Rowling. Uses original text from https://www.theickabog.com/, falling back to the Web Archive where needed. Supports all 9 languages.
- okiya #boardgames
- April 2020 A
boardgame.io implementation of the Okiya boardgame.
- muse-dl #ebooks
- March 2020 A crystal command line application to support downloading and stitching of books from Project MUSE
- epub-metadata-generator #ebooks #nodejs
- Feb 2020 Generates a
metadata.xml file for an EPUB from various online sources, can be used with pandoc.
- security-engineering-ebook #ebooks
- Feb 2020 A script to generate a combined PDF of the Security Engineering Book (Ross Anderson) using the chapters available for review.
- Feb 2020 A regex based validator for Postal Index Numbers in India in various languages.
- url-to-epub #nodejs
- Jan 2020 A simple zero-config script that generates a standards-compliant EPUB from a webpage.
- sarkar.icu #activism
- Dec 2019 Communications guide for network shutdowns. @prtksxna did most of the work.
- terraform-data-looker-ips #terraform #infrastructure
- Oct 2019- A terraform package that keeps track of various IP addresses used by Looker. Can be used to easily create firewall configurations.
- outliner #ruby
- August 2019 A simple Ruby Client for the Outline knowledge base with easy-to-use export and import functionality.
- tld-a-record #dataset
- Ongoing I maintain a continously updated list of all TLDs with A records. Available at https://captnemo.in/tld-a-record/
- endoflife.date #dataset #website #openapi
- Ongoing A simple informative site with EoL dates of everything you need.
- DNS-over-HTTPS #infrastructure
- 2019 Running a DNS over HTTPS server.
- prometheus-act-exporter #nodejs #infrastructure
- July 2018 A simple prometheus exporter for ACT Fibernet customers that generatetes Internet Usage metrics by scraping the ACT Self-care portal. Uses Google Puppeteer. Also available as a NPM package.
- Kayak #infrastructure #kubernetes
- 2018 Bootstrapping a kubernetes cluster on top of the Docker API by using Terraform and Bootkube
- DNSCrypt #infrastructure #privacy
- 2017 Running a DNSCrypt server on a Digital Ocean BLR1 server.
- Sushi Go #boardgames
- Summer 2017 This is a work-in-progress conversion of Sushi Go (original), the popular card game by Gamewright into Ruby.
- cosmere-books #ebooks #ruby
- September 2017 Wrote a EPUB generator for multiple books in the Cosmere. Currently covers 10 different books or serializations of some sort, mostly at Tor.com. See a list of all my ebooks projects at /ebooks/
- ideas #resources
- Ongoing I maintain a CC0 licensed list of personal ideas. Feel free to use.
- spectrumyzer #python #maths
- May 2017 Created an animated wallpaper using spectrumyzer. Wrote a blog post about it.
- google-sre-ebook #ebooks #ruby
- Feb/Sep 2017 EPUB generator for the Google SRE ebook. Started in February in Python. Gave up and redid it properly in September. Now also supports the SRE Workbook.
- CodeChef Offline #dataset
- March 2012 I attempted to make a offline repository for CodeChef problems. I spent some time in May 2017 upgrading the project with a cleaner scraper and a Jekyll base.
- Hoshruba #ebooks #ruby
- June 2015 I wrote a script that scraped Tor’s serialized publication of the first book in Hoshruba series to generate EPUB and MOBI files. I would recommend the book if you are interested in reading what many would term the “original fantasy book”
- HackerTray #gui #python
- December 2013 - I wrote a Linux PyGTK application that sits in your taskbar using Indicator Applet to show you the latest stories from Hacker News. Looking for a maintainer.
- MagicMuggle #ebooks
- May 2017 I wrote a script to convert Magic Muggle (A Harry Potter fanfic about a muggle who accidentally gets into Hogwarts) books from their original reddit posts to EPUB and MOBI files.
- Kerala IT Policy #activism
- March 2017 Attempted to transcribe the draft IT policies put up by the Government of Kerala. Lots of OCR followed by manual fixes. I stopped working on this when I realized that the government had actually put up a really nice website for this (with clear plaintext, not the bad PDF I was using as the source).
- lightsaber #ruby
- August 2015 I created a DNS based HTTP-3xx redirect service. Useful if you own a domain and you want it to be redirected, but don’t have a webserver with you. Made as part of the Django Hackathon organized by HackerEarth in Ruby.
- HackerCouch #jekyll
- November 2015 My hack during hackbeach 2015. Created something best described as “couchsurfing for hackers”. Simple Jekyll/Ruby website hosted on GitHub Pages.
- Constitution of India
- April 2015 A git-based constitution of India, that lets you view each amendment as a plain-text diff. Updated till 100th Amendment as of Jan 2020.
- 2014- A webhook middleware for the ifttt.com service. Still used by some people.
- WoNA Archives
- 2011- A download page for all issues of Watch Out News Agency. (source) (A college magazine at my Alma-mater).
I maintain a few packages on the ArchLinux user repository.
You might wanna take a look at my github, NPM, PyPI, Packagist, Rubygems, or AUR profile pages. Most of the following projects are no longer under active development. Ther’s also a lot of work missing here that I did while at SDSLabs. Some of these projects are mirrored on my Gitea server.
Very Old Projects
- Hacker - Hacking Game Simulator in written in 8th grade #turbocpp