- A website to track EoL of projects
- Ideas for everyone under a CC licence. Feel free to use.
- A system-tray Hacker News app for Linux
- A list of various RSS-related projects
- Multiple Scrapers for online content that generates EPUB/MOBI files
Projects by Date
All the projects below are under a FOSS license (mostly MIT). This page does not include contributions to other projects. Most projects are still maintained, unless stated otherwise.
- Bangalore Habba Calendar
- Nov 2023 A ICS calendar that you can subscribe for the unboxing BLR Habba 2023.
- Uttarakhand State Gazette Archive
- Nov 2023 Created an archive of Uttarakhand’s State Gazette, going back to 2006. Updated on a monthly basis.
- Policy Submission - Dark Patterns
- Oct 2023 Submitted recommendations and suggestions on the
Draft Guidelines for Prevention and Regulation of Dark Patterns (Ministry
of Consumer Affairs, India). Documented a lot of egregious behavior from
Indian startups and suggested improvements in the guidelines to account
for those. In collaboration with Chandra and
- Beatroot News: Text-Only
- June 2023 A plaintext-only version of Beatroot News.
- Forteller yt-dlp plugin
- May 2023 A
yt-dlp plugin to rip DRM-free tracks from Forteller.
- Mutual Funds TER Tracker
- May 2023 Automatically tracking Total Expense Ratios of Indian Mutual Funds.
- Jekyll SQLite Plugin #ruby
- May 2023 A Jekyll plugin that lets you use SQLite database instead of data files as a data source.
- Debian Version #ruby
- May 2023 A port of Debian Version comparison to Ruby.
- May 2023 A simple link website for the Bangalore PuzzledPint chapter (which I host!).
- Swiggy OpenAPI Specification #openapi #reverse-engineering
- Mar 2023 An unofficial specification for the Swiggy APIs, written using OpenAPI 3.1.
- Historical Mutual Funds Dataset #data
- Mar 2023 An automatically-updating SQLite database with pricing information of all Indian Mutual Funds, going back to 2006.
- Microsoft Knowledgebase Metadata #data
- Jan 2023 A small automatically-updated subset of the Microsoft Knowledgebase metadata, useful for mapping KB IDs to Publication Dates or URLs.
- Photon OS Advisories #data #security
- Jan 2023- Automatically publishing an OSV Feed from advisories published for VMWare’s Photon OS.
- Debian ELTS Advisories #data #security
- Jan 2023- Automatically publishing an OSV Feed from advisories published for Debian ELTS by Freexian.
- tatooine.club #self-hosting
- Dec 2022 Running a Mastodon server for friends and family.
- Indian Synonyms
- Dec 2022 A list of Indian Synonyms for use in search engines. Initially targeted towards address matching.
- India Mutual Funds API #automation #data #api
- Jun 2022 A public API for Indian Mutual Funds using data from public sources.
- NPCI RSS Feeds #rss
- April 2022 A simple RSS feed generator for various NPCI Circulars.
- plugo.io dataset #data
- Mar 2022 A simple website to republish and surface plugo.io powerbank locations on the internet.
- iff-fundraiser #non-profit
- Dec 2021 Organized a fundraiser for the Internet Freedom Foundation and raised approximately 5 Lakh rupees (6700 USD).
- airtel-blocked-hosts #data
- Nov 2021 A periodically updated list of websites known to be blocked in India on the Airtel Broadband network.
- which-electron #nodejs
- July 2021 Find out which Electron version is bundled inside an application.
- electron-fingerprints #nodejs #php
- July 2021 Fingerprints of electron releases that can be used to guess electron version of applications without running them.
- simpl-docs #openapi #reverse-engineering
- June 2021 An unofficial specification for the simpl API.
- india-isin-data #data #automation
- June 2021 International Securities Identification Numbers for various Indian Securities
- plaintext-everything #resources
- Ongoing A list of tools and articles helpful for keeping everything under plaintext.
- youtube-cue #nodejs
- May 2021- Helps you tag music compilations from YouTube by generating a CUE file.
- pystitcher #python #ebooks
- May 2021- Sitches your PDF files together, with customizable bookmarks using a markdown file to declare the PDF structure.
- kuvera-docs #openapi #reverse-engineering
- May 2021 An unofficial specification for the Kuvera API.
- forteller-dl #reverse-engineering
- Apr 2021 A reverse-engineered implementation of the Forteller Games mobile app. See Forteller-YT-DLP above.
- electoral.bond #activism
- Apr 2021 An April fool’s joke on India’s opaque Electoral Bond instruments and how they can be used for money laundering
- HgInit #archival
- Nov 2020 Re-published HgInit, a Mercurial Tutorial by Joel Spolsky at a stable URL using GitHub Pages.
- never-say-you-cant-survive #ebooks
- Oct 2020 Script to generate an ebook for “Never Say You Can’t Survive” - book by Charlie Jane Anders.
- sanskari-proxy #activism #infrastructure
- Sep 2020- A proxy for security researchers outside India to access Indian government websites without resorting to shady VPNs.
- boardgame-research #resources #boardgames
- July 2020- A list of research content on modern boardgames - such as Catan, Risk, Uno, Mafia, Hanabi, and more.
- modernart #boardgames
- June 2020 A MiniZinc based attempt to solve the Modern Art: Masters Gallery game.
- suntime #crystal
- May 2020 Crystal library for calculating sunrise and sunset times for Earth.
- ickabog-ebook #ebooks
- May 2019 Generates ebooks for The Ickabog by J.K Rowling. Uses original text from https://www.theickabog.com/, falling back to the Web Archive where needed. Supports all 9 languages.
- okiya #boardgames
- April 2020 A
boardgame.io implementation of the Okiya boardgame.
- muse-dl #ebooks
- March 2020 A crystal command line application to support downloading and stitching of books from Project MUSE
- epub-metadata-generator #ebooks #nodejs
- Feb 2020 Generates a
metadata.xml file for an EPUB from various online sources, can be used with pandoc.
- security-engineering-ebook #ebooks
- Feb 2020 A script to generate a combined PDF of the Security Engineering Book (Ross Anderson) using the chapters available for review.
- Feb 2020 A regex based validator for Postal Index Numbers in India in various languages.
- url-to-epub #nodejs
- Jan 2020 A simple zero-config script that generates a standards-compliant EPUB from a webpage.
- sarkar.icu #activism
- Dec 2019 Communications guide for network shutdowns. @prtksxna did most of the work.
- terraform-data-looker-ips #terraform #infrastructure
- Oct 2019- A terraform package that keeps track of various IP addresses used by Looker. Can be used to easily create firewall configurations.
- outliner #ruby
- August 2019 A simple Ruby Client for the Outline knowledge base with easy-to-use export and import functionality.
- tld-a-record #dataset
- Ongoing I maintain a continously updated list of all TLDs with A records. Available at https://captnemo.in/tld-a-record/
- endoflife.date #dataset #website #openapi
- Ongoing A simple informative site with EoL dates of everything you need.
- DNS-over-HTTPS #infrastructure
- 2019 Running a DNS over HTTPS server.
- prometheus-act-exporter #nodejs #infrastructure
- July 2018 A simple prometheus exporter for ACT Fibernet customers that generatetes Internet Usage metrics by scraping the ACT Self-care portal. Uses Google Puppeteer. Also available as a NPM package.
- Kayak #infrastructure #kubernetes
- 2018 Bootstrapping a kubernetes cluster on top of the Docker API by using Terraform and Bootkube
- DNSCrypt #infrastructure #privacy
- 2017 Running a DNSCrypt server on a Digital Ocean BLR1 server.
- Sushi Go #boardgames
- Summer 2017 This is a work-in-progress conversion of Sushi Go (original), the popular card game by Gamewright into Ruby.
- cosmere-books #ebooks #ruby
- September 2017 Wrote a EPUB generator for multiple books in the Cosmere. Currently covers 10 different books or serializations of some sort, mostly at Tor.com. See a list of all my ebooks projects at /ebooks/
- ideas #resources
- Ongoing I maintain a CC0 licensed list of personal ideas. Feel free to use.
- spectrumyzer #python #maths
- May 2017 Created an animated wallpaper using spectrumyzer. Wrote a blog post about it.
- google-sre-ebook #ebooks #ruby
- Feb/Sep 2017 EPUB generator for the Google SRE ebook. Started in February in Python. Gave up and redid it properly in September. Now also supports the SRE Workbook.
- CodeChef Offline #dataset
- March 2012 I attempted to make a offline repository for CodeChef problems. I spent some time in May 2017 upgrading the project with a cleaner scraper and a Jekyll base.
- hoshruba #ebooks #ruby
- June 2015 I wrote a script that scraped Tor’s serialized publication of the first book in Hoshruba series to generate EPUB and MOBI files.
- HackerTray #gui #python
- December 2013 - I wrote a Linux PyGTK application that sits in your taskbar using Indicator Applet to show you the latest stories from Hacker News. Looking for a maintainer.
- MagicMuggle #ebooks
- May 2017 I wrote a script to convert Magic Muggle (A Harry Potter fanfic about a muggle who accidentally gets into Hogwarts) books from their original reddit posts to EPUB and MOBI files.
- Kerala IT Policy #activism
- March 2017 Attempted to transcribe the draft IT policies put up by the Government of Kerala. Lots of OCR followed by manual fixes. I stopped working on this when I realized that the government had actually put up a really nice website for this (with clear plaintext, not the bad PDF I was using as the source).
- lightsaber #ruby
- August 2015 I created a DNS based HTTP-3xx redirect service. Useful if you own a domain and you want it to be redirected, but don’t have a webserver with you. Made as part of the Django Hackathon organized by HackerEarth in Ruby.
- HackerCouch #jekyll
- November 2015 My hack during hackbeach 2015. Created something best described as “couchsurfing for hackers”. Simple Jekyll/Ruby website hosted on GitHub Pages.
- Constitution of India
- April 2015 A git-based constitution of India, that lets you view each amendment as a plain-text diff. Updated till 100th Amendment as of Jan 2020.
- 2014- A webhook middleware for the ifttt.com service. Still used by some people.
- WoNA Archives
- 2011- A download page for all issues of Watch Out News Agency. (source) (A college magazine at my Alma-mater).
I maintain a few packages on the Arch User Repository.
You might wanna take a look at my github, NPM, PyPI, Packagist, Rubygems, or AUR profile pages. Most of the following projects are no longer under active development. Ther’s also a lot of work missing here that I did while at SDSLabs. Some of my projects are mirrored on my Gitea server.
Very Old Projects
- Hacker - Hacking Game Simulator in written in 8th grade #turbocpp